Mo’Rockin Lentil Bowl
This is one powerful soup bowl! Made with rich spices, lentils, and veggies, there’s a burst of authentic Moroccan flavor in each and every bite. Even better, this soup is healthy and completely vegetarian. Serve it up in our soft, delicious bread bowl for that extra touch that’s sure to delight anyone with a spoon in hand.
- Gonnella bread bowl
- 2 carrots
- 1 c brown or green lentils
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Handful of collard greens
- 28 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot. Once warm, add diced onion and chopped carrots, and let cook until the onion softens and becomes fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add minced garlic, minced ginger, and all remaining spices. Simmer together for 3 minutes.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, lentils, veggie stock, and shredded collard greens. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare bread bowls. Cut the top and core the center, then heat the bowl and any discards in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the soup has simmered for about 30 minutes, taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup in the bread bowl along with warmed bread discards to dunk and enjoy.