The “Duffified” Burger
Chef Brian Duffy really hits it out of the park with his “Duffified” burger thanks to a garlic and rosemary-basted ground beef patty and layers of goodies atop our buttery brioche bun. From bottom to top: rosemary aioli, shredded lettuce and onions, roasted tomatoes, basted beef burger patty, roasted shiitake mushrooms, goat cheese, prosciutto bacon, and a fried egg. Holy cow!
- Gonnella brioche buns
- 8 oz ground beef
- 1 stick butter
- ½ bunch thyme
- ½ c shiitake mushrooms
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz iceberg lettuce, shaved
- 1 oz red onion, shaved
- 1-2 roma tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the aioli:
- ½ bunch rosemary
- ½ c mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cut tomatoes into small wedges. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste, and roast at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Repeat process for the shiitake mushrooms.
- Place prosciutto on cooking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Make the rosemary aioli. Mince and press garlic clove and mix with mayo and one tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary. Set aside.
- Season ground beef patty with salt and black pepper and sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Brush brioche bun with butter and a sprinkle of Herbes de Provence, and toast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter, olive oil, a sprig of rosemary, and a garlic clove to pan, and baste the burger patty for about 4 minutes.
- Top burger with goat cheese, remove from pan, and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Spread rosemary aioli on brioche bun.
- Top with shaved lettuce, onion, and roasted tomatoes.
- Place burger patty and top with shiitake mushrooms, fried egg, and prosciutto bacon. Finish with the top half of the bun.